Turmeric is a popular spice similar to ginger, known for its bright yellow color. It’s always been used in home remedies in eastern cultures. Aside from it amazing medicinal properties it can also be used to help with weight loss and reduce inflammation.
- Turmeric powder reduces fat mass and accelerates diet and exercise induced weight loss.
- It helps detoxify the liver, which is the essential organ for burning fat.
- It improves digestion.
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect, hence reduces obesity-induced inflammation.
At Fit Food Turmeric is used everywhere! Here are some creative ways to incorporate it into your diet.
- Add it to smoothies. We love adding it to mango smoothies, pineapple smoothies, any coffee or cinnamon smoothies. Our favourite one is Mango Turmeric Cardamom Smoothie!
- Add it to your teas! YOu can make a turmeric tea or just add a pinch of turmeric, ginger, lemon and honey is the perfect combination. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week, store it in the fridge for up to 1 week and enjoy 1-2 glasses a day. This is a great incentive to consume more water throughout the day as well.
- Another great way we love using Turmeric is adding it to brown rice, cauliflower rice, and quinoa. It not only gives it a great colour it gives it a unique flavour that you can’t get enough of. These are great side dishes and can be paired with fish and meat.
- Dips, marinates, hummus, broths, and stews are other ways to give your food flavour, colour, and great health benefits.
- Last but not least put it on your FACE! That’s right! Face masks with Turmeric might not be a weight loss solution but it definitely leaves your skin smooth and shining! Bonus!
The beauty of turmeric is that the flavour is not extremely strong, for those who prefer less flavour in food, try just a pinch to start and gradually increase the amount used in order to get the most amazing health benefits of this plant.