Summer vacation, anyone? Fit Food is here to give you a few tips so that you can maintain your healthy lifestyle even if you’re traveling. But first of all: we need to end the stigma that fun in the sun and healthy habits don’t go together. No, you absolutely must not keep yourself from living your best life while on vacation – or ever! And that’s why it is so important to ditch extreme diets and the idea that a balanced life is one of major compromises. Eating good has to be GOOD indeed. Here at Fit Food, we love getting creative in the kitchen and coming up with recipes full of flavour, ones that’ll make you satisfied, pleased and healthy all at once. Because yes, it is possible. And once you’ve embraced a healthy lifestyle, letting go of it even if just for a few days – that’s the real sacrifice, for this lifestyle is a happy and fulfilling one, we promise you. And it is all about balance and what works best for you!
Alright, now that we got that out of the way: being away from our routine is a challenge and we don’t want you to stress over having to find a way to stay healthy. We’ve separated some very simple, but effective tips that’ll help you during your vacation without forcing you to go out of your way. Here they are:
- Bring your favourite snacks for the ride and for the trip in general! Snacking is very important, specially if kids are involved, and having healthy and delicious options – such as Fit Food bars, cereal and protein cookies – is key;
- Try and choose to go to restaurants that have buffet. That way, you’ll have more options and will be able to make your own plate with all the goodies you want;
- Fit Food’s guideline should be followed on vacation too: eating every three hours, saving room on your plate for a large portion of greens, sticking to your favourite protein and enjoying some healthy grains;
- Stay hydrated – and we can’t stress this enough! We’ve already approached the importance of hydration during the Summer, you can read it here;
- Make plenty of room on your schedule for activities that require walking. There’s no better way to enjoy the sights and the city you’re visiting;
- RELAX AND HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE!